Sunday, July 22, 2018

I'm not a Producer but I keep pretending to be one

Let me start with, I love my job. That being said I keep trying to do a producer's job either because it's fun or just fits in with how I think, but whatever the reason I have embraced the kanban board.


It's far from perfect, my tape is going uphill for most of it, and I fully expect most of the stickies to have fallen down by tomorrow morning. However it is helping me focus on what I have to pack, what I have to get ready to be sent to my mom's and what still needs to be given away.

I'm bringing more stuff to Totes than I thought, though a lot of it is kitchen stuff that has built in storage.  Very few and very specific things are going into the new storage, the goal is to keep that as light as I can.

It's hard to see but the first item is gone! My coffee table went to it's new home today, a bunch of leftover and lunch type containers leave tomorrow and I have a taker for the chest freezer!  Once we know if the current owners are ok with my requests for fixes I'll get movers scheduled.  While I plan on moving the big furniture over asap I figure I'm going to be seeing what fits and bringing things over for a few weeks, giving away or taking to Good Will anything that isn't going to work.  The plan is to limit what I bring over and then give away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been quite a year! or F*** 2020

 I realized the other day that it had been a while since I updated.  I am going to blame 2020 and Covid.   Brief summary of this past year: ...