Monday, July 23, 2018

Rethinking the move in date but Packing and Purging continues

My current lease isn't up until early October, and we are scheduled to close on the Houseboat on August 1, and I am so excited to go that I was looking to move right away.  Now I'm having second thoughts about the timing and I think I'll wait until the end of August/early September.

Between the items that the owners will have to fix and the work I want to do, it's probably better that I'm not trying to live there while we do all of the things.  I want to repaint the roof and install railings all around, we have to dry out the hull, I would *love* a ceiling fan, and it really needs screens!  Oh and I want to put in a spiral staircase instead of the ladder going to the roof.

Starting to get rid of stuff, packing things up and rethinking what I want to bring to the boat and what I don't.  I have most of my books packed up and ready to go.  Next is the kitchen, I need to do a HUGE purge in the kitchen, I have a lot of glasses, and other random things.  This won't be too hard as I did it before moving to Seattle, but there is stuff to give away.  I will advertise what is up for grabs closer in.

1 comment:

It's been quite a year! or F*** 2020

 I realized the other day that it had been a while since I updated.  I am going to blame 2020 and Covid.   Brief summary of this past year: ...