Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Closing Delayed

As I mentioned before, Totes has moisture in the hull.  The owners were completely taken by surprised so they talked to the inspector to understand what the ramifications were.  They seem to be on board and are getting contractors in to get estimates on installing the dehumidifier along with the lose cleat that was also found in the inspection.  This means that we have pushed the date of their response to the demands from today to next Monday and we pushed the anticipated closing date to August 15th. 

I'm kind of bummed but paying a mortgage and rent simultaneously for less time is good.  I'd rather get to spend more of the summer on the lake, but I'd much more rather have all of the work done well.  My bet is that they are going to ask me to split the cost of the dehumidifier, or if the price is high enough pay for it but ask that the discount not be taken.  We'll have to see what they come back with after they get estimates.  I'm not sure which I'd be more open to, in a perfect world they'd take the discount and install the dehumidifier, so we'll see.

I have requested the ability to get my own contractors in (who are still to be identified) so I can get estimates on the roof stuff and a few things inside.  The sooner I can get that work started, after closing, the better off I'll be.

And... back to packing!  And a lot of purging! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been quite a year! or F*** 2020

 I realized the other day that it had been a while since I updated.  I am going to blame 2020 and Covid.   Brief summary of this past year: ...