Monday, August 6, 2018

We're really closing on Wednesday, I swear

I knew this process was going to well.  I find this amazing houseboat I want to buy, it's in my price range, this is the fifth house I've purchased in my life, I know how to do this!  It will be fine!

What a sweet summer child I was.  Not that this has been bad actually, I've had WAY worse times trying to buy a home.  This last week has been a thing though.

We were trying to close by the 1st, but due to the fact that I didn't want a credit on any of the demands to repair, and they had to actually repair things, that got delayed.  Then the bank had to get the papers over to the lawyer, that took forever.  I signed those on Sunday.  I took a bus into Seattle this morning and wired the money over.  Yay progress!

Turns out I forgot a thing and I had to go back to Seattle this evening and re-sign the loan paperwork.  The lawyer, who has been SO patient, has my downpayment money but still needs the bank to fund their side.  Once they do he sends stuff in and we close.  Oh, and the sellers are having twins on Friday, so we really need to get this done.

Currently the plan is that we close on Wednesday!  Only a week later than we had hoped, which is actually pretty good for real estate.  I have all of the clothing part of the donations in my car ready to drop off tomorrow, part of the house is packed but all of the movers are scheduled.  Assuming the bank doesn't do anything weird, or need anything else, I should get my keys that day!

I still haven't started packing the kitchen....

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been quite a year! or F*** 2020

 I realized the other day that it had been a while since I updated.  I am going to blame 2020 and Covid.   Brief summary of this past year: ...