Thursday, July 19, 2018

Does my furniture really not fit??

Here I go, downsizing... again.... I swear this is the last time.

I moved up to Seattle just over three years ago, and I did the serious downsizing thing then.  I got rid of a whole moving van worth of stuff.  I have been living on my own for more than 20 years and I had accumulated quite a bit of stuff in that time.  I went from an 1830 sq foot condo to an 830 sq foot apartment and a storage unit.  And I did it, and it worked!

When I moved out of that apartment I went down to 711 sq feet, but that apartment had a fantastic terrace that let me have outside space.  I love this apartment in downtown Bellevue, but owning my own houseboat is the right move.  So, from 711 to 353, this is my last downsize.

At the inspection earlier this week I got all of the measurements, and it's looking like I can take most of what I had intended, though not all of it.  The one thing I'm kind of sad about is that I can't take my coffee table.  It is the last piece that I held onto from my first grownup furniture purchase.  It's going to a good home, but I am a little sad.

I'm getting rough estimates right now on what movers will costs, the plan is to have them move most of my storage unit and select furniture items and books to my mom's place in AZ.  Then, assuming we close on August 1, we move me into the boat!  After that I will give people a chance to take what is left, and then I'll have them haul everything left over to Good Will, or call a Junk Place that was recommended. 

This is getting real!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been quite a year! or F*** 2020

 I realized the other day that it had been a while since I updated.  I am going to blame 2020 and Covid.   Brief summary of this past year: ...