Thursday, August 9, 2018

First set of movers are on the way!

Moving onto my houseboat is kind of complicated, mostly because it is so so small, and there are things that not only me but my family aren't willing to part with.  I have an antique dresser, well two of them but only one is being moved today, and a lot of books I'm pretty fond of.  However I don't want any of those on a boat with the high humidity and much greater possibility of things getting wet.

The other dresser is going away, so if anyone is in the market for a very large 'low boy' dresser with a huge mirror let me know.

Anyway all of the things that fall into the 'don't want to get rid of but aren't willing to take on a boat' are going to my mom's, since it was her dresser anyway.  This necessitates two sets of movers, and then a big junk yard haul at the end.

First set of movers are here and even though they're really not taking very much it already feels super empty! This afternoon and evening are the big 'I have to pack everything I want the movers to move, because if I don't I have to move it myself' push.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been quite a year! or F*** 2020

 I realized the other day that it had been a while since I updated.  I am going to blame 2020 and Covid.   Brief summary of this past year: ...