Saturday, August 11, 2018

Moving Day!

Well sort of, moving weekend?  Moving week? I still have a lot of stuff at the old apartment.  Despite help I didn't get everything packed.

Movers arrived and they didn't pack anything, they just moved the furniture and what I had packed.  They also grabbed some plants, which was awesome.  These guys did a great job and had the van loaded up in about two hours.

We stopped at my new storage unit, dropped off winter clothes and all of the outside furniture and then it's on to the houseboat!

With strategically placed fans and leaving both doors open the temperature wasn't unbearable.  The most important part is that all the furniture I brought with me fit!  I eve have a little bit of space!!  I am missing a desk, which will be problematic once I finish cleaning out my apartment, but otherwise I'm good.  But oh the boxes!

I had boarded the dog the first night, he was stressed out enough with me packing,dealing with him while unpacking in a new strange place that rocked wasn't something I wanted to deal with.

Totes full of stuff, and the paper towels are angry

So many boxes! and I'm not done!  First night in the new bed, the mattress was a smart choice and despite the fact that I literally need a step stool to get into the bed, it worked out well.  I'll get a picture when the bed is actually made.  A friend brought over pizza so it was even the traditional 'first night in a new place' dinner!

I always have Jasmine by my door
The plants got settled in well! The tree is now attached to the wall, the idea being that it won't fall into the lake in a storm!

Step one done, now to unpack, organize and then get the rest of my stuff over here or otherwise taken care of!



No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been quite a year! or F*** 2020

 I realized the other day that it had been a while since I updated.  I am going to blame 2020 and Covid.   Brief summary of this past year: ...