Friday, August 24, 2018

Update! Packing, unpacking, moving and sorting all of the things

Long time in-between updates, I've been busy!

I am almost out of the old apartment, I just have a few things in the storage unit and the fridge, few things in the freezer and then I'm done! 

Unpacking is going to go a bit more slowly.  My saintly cousin came up and helped this all happen.  She met with the movers (third set), did multiple good will runs, helped me identify stuff that I don't need, and pointed out that I need to stop buying pens and post it notes.

She isn't wrong.

So after the last run tomorrow it's all focusing on unpacking the boat.  I think I'm going to have to purge the closet, for the fourth time, and most likely other things. 

It doesn't feel too small yet, but it isn't spacious either.  It's a mental shift, getting rid of all of the things.  Everyone says it's 'freeing' but I honestly keep adding up all of the money I spent on these things that I'm giving away.  I don't have a problem with giving things away, I don't want stuff ending up in the landfill and if I can donate it's so much better, but I find that I am re-evaluating my consumerism.  Not sure yet how I feel about that.  I feel like that is another blog post.

So while the sky is smoky and the moon has turned red again (due to fires north, south and east of us) I'm going to work on unpacking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been quite a year! or F*** 2020

 I realized the other day that it had been a while since I updated.  I am going to blame 2020 and Covid.   Brief summary of this past year: ...