Sunday, August 19, 2018

Achievement Unlocked -- Comfort Food

Living on a houseboat, a lot of things are exactly the same as living on land, but a few aren't.  Besides the whole toilet situation the stove is very different.  Mine is propane and the tanks are outside in an attached box.  One of them is hooked up to a valve that I can control from the kitchen.  This was the alarm that was going off in the middle of the night, so I had unhooked everything to make sure I wasn't going to die and then cut power to the alarm.

Today I had the system powered up all day with no issues so I hooked the propane back up and lit up the stove for the first time!  I used my new nestable pots and boiled water.  Half a box of Velveeta Mac and Cheese soon followed.  I used the collapsible strainer, I ate it in one of my collapsible bowls (my dishes came in today but the bowls aren't quite big enough) and it all worked!  Yes there is a theme here, collapsible is key when you don't have a lot of space.


I have to turn the valve on here to use the stove

That was the first thing I've 'cooked' here, and it was definitely comfort food.  I honestly think my Instant Pot and toaster oven will end up doing more of the cooking duties than the stove, but it's nice to have options.

Now I"m going to go unhook the propane since I don't 100% trust the alarm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been quite a year! or F*** 2020

 I realized the other day that it had been a while since I updated.  I am going to blame 2020 and Covid.   Brief summary of this past year: ...