Friday, August 3, 2018

Final Walk-through Finished! And my search for a Handyman

Final walk through this morning, the new dehumidifier looks great and is in a really easy to access spot! (ok relatively easy)  I took pictures for the screen people, hopefully it gives them enough info so we can make that appointment.

No papers to sign today so I went to work.  I'll sign them this weekend and hopefully we close next week!  We had better, I have movers scheduled for next Friday!  The only other big appointment will be getting the internet hooked up, but since the cable is already there hopefully it won't be too bad.

Now I'm looking for a handyman.  My bed has a TON of storage under it, something that is at a huge premium on a houseboat, but getting to it is going to be super problematic the way things are set up now.  Also there isn't an outlet on the bed side of the room, I"m gong to need to plug in my alarm clock!  It looks like the people who can do stuff like this are booked for the summer, I've gotten a lot of 'sorry I can't help you' emails back this week.  I didn't want to go through Amazon home simply because it's more expensive, but I'm almost to that point.

My idea is to put in pistons so the top of the bed can lift (getting the top of the bed so it could be lifted may be more difficult) and then I could get under it easier and get to that dead storage space.  It would be for things that I wouldn't access very often of course, but there were whole square feet in there and I would hate to have it just be dead space.  While I could probably get my mattress off I highly doubt I could get it back on, so I'm going to have to come up with something.

This is all starting to come together!  We'll see how much I actually get done this weekend and where I am by the time the first set of movers show up next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been quite a year! or F*** 2020

 I realized the other day that it had been a while since I updated.  I am going to blame 2020 and Covid.   Brief summary of this past year: ...