Sunday, August 5, 2018

Papers are signed! Closing this week I swear

Less numbers of paper to sign than I've had before, but it makes sense since it's not actually a house.  I learned a few things about Totes.  Seattle has a lot of regulations with Houseboats, I've linked some of the explanations before.  My boat has a bit of history that only matters because of those regulations.

Currently my hull was built in 1995 and everything above it was totally redone in 2016 making me the third occupant (second owner).  However today I learned that my boat was actually 'created' in 1935.  Now nothing is left of that original boat, but legally that initial houseboat is what I own.  It was 40 ft long hull and I can't change that footprint, ever.  To get a bigger houseboat I have to buy an existing one that already has a bigger footprint.  It's a little sad, I'd love to put a longer hull on and give myself more lower deck space, but I knew this when I started so there aren't any surprises.

I take the bus downtown tomorrow to get the money wired and we are estimating that we close maybe Tuesday?  Since the movers don't come until Friday I am not concerned.  This is so exciting!

Stuff going to my mom's is packed and ready to go, that is getting picked up on Thursday.  I gave my complex my 'intent to move out' notice that gives me until the 22nd, so I should have plenty of time.  I do have one piece of furniture that is unclaimed that isn't going, a very large antique dresser, but worse case I'll pay someone to haul it away.  I've emailed a few antique stores to see if they are interested.

I will have the keys this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been quite a year! or F*** 2020

 I realized the other day that it had been a while since I updated.  I am going to blame 2020 and Covid.   Brief summary of this past year: ...