Monday, July 30, 2018

Purging some more

I have a friend, and she knows who she is, who is crazy about KonMari and de-cluttering, having less things.  While I'm not quite to that point I have been constantly downsizing for the past three years, and am about to do the biggest jump yet. 

I've talked about this before, but to summarize, at the end of May 2015 I moved out of an 1830 sq ft home and in August of 2018 I'm moving into something that is closer to  350 sq feet than 400.  This means downsizing and purging!

Today I tackled my closet.  I got brutal, I mean how many little black dresses do I really need? (answer: 4 and one that is a 'goal' dress, but I got rid of at least five more), how many pj sets do I need? (answer: 2 not counting nightgowns) and how many shirts that I know don't look good anymore and am I really going to wear again? (answer: one goal one, the rest went into the donation bag).  I kept anything I've worn recently, a few goal pieces but I went through the 'nice dresses' and got rid of most of them.  And I may go back and pull more, I haven't quite decided yet.

Shoes will be easy, while I have more than a few pair I don't have a 'shoe problem', though the handbags will be after that, and those are more difficult.  I am at almost 4 rather large trash bags of clothes to donate, and I'm not sure I'm done.  There is only one closet in totes, and while I will have a storage unit with a wardrobe in it for 'off season' clothing, the goal is to have as much on the boat as I can.

My ultimate goal is to not feel that I need to invite my friend over to help me make the hard choices.  So far so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been quite a year! or F*** 2020

 I realized the other day that it had been a while since I updated.  I am going to blame 2020 and Covid.   Brief summary of this past year: ...